Violent Crimes Attorney Phoenix
Phoenix Violent Crimes Attorney
Being accused of a violent crime in Phoenix, Arizona is stressful. If you or a loved one have been charged with a violent crime, it’s important to hire a Phoenix violent crimes defense attorney from Shah Law Firm PLLC. Attorney Shah can help you navigate the confusing and oftentimes complex legal process ahead. Arja has countless years of experience involving violent crimes, fully understand all criminal laws in Arizona, and can uphold them in all legal proceedings as needed.
Types of Violent Crimes in Arizona
Many types of crimes involve violence. However, in Arizona, violent crimes are classified in one of the following offenses:
- Threatening or Intimation: This is when someone threatens or intimidate another person by word or action with physical injury, or to cause serious damage to someone’s property, cause an inconvenience (including evacuation of a building), cause physical injury to a person, or damage their property to promote or solicit them to participate in a street gang or other criminal act. This can be a class 1 misdemeanor, or a class 3 or class 6 felony.
- Assault: An individual is charged with assault if they intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly cause physical injury to someone, intentionally place another person in fear of harm, or knowingly touch someone with intent to insult, injure, or provoke them. This can result in a Class 1, 2 or 3 misdemeanor conviction.
Other violent crimes in and around Phoenix, Arizona include:
- Aggravated Assault (Class 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 felony conviction)
- Assault with a Weapon (Class 2 or 3 felony conviction)
- Kidnapping (Class 2, 3 or 4 felony conviction)
- Endangerment (Class 1 misdemeanor or class 6 felony conviction)
Penalties for Violent Crimes
In Phoenix, sentencing for violent crimes will depend on whether or not it is a misdemeanor or felony conviction. For instance, a class 3 misdemeanor can lead to 30 days in jail and fines of up to $500, while a class 2 misdemeanor can result in four months in jail and fines of up to $350. Meanwhile, a Class 6 felony violent crime convictions can result in 18 months to three years of prison time while class 5 convictions can be up to four years.
The sentence for violent crime offenders will depend on whether they used a weapon, they have a criminal history, the crime involved a child, the crime resulted in serious bodily injury or death, the offense was aggravated or dangerous, and whether the victim was pregnant or not. A violent crimes attorney can help sort out the details of your case thoroughly.
Defenses to Violent Crimes
There are many defenses that Attorney Shah can use in your case. Some defenses include self-defense, defense of property, defense of a third person, necessity, lack of mental state, and duress. Arja can thoroughly investigate your case to determine the best and strongest defense possible.
Call to Schedule a Professional Legal Consultation with a Violent Crimes Attorney in Phoenix Today
If you or a loved one have been charged with a violent crime in Phoenix, call to schedule a professional legal consultation with a violent crimes attorney from Shah Law Firm PLLC today. To schedule this professional legal consultation with Shah Law Firm PLLC, call us at (602) 888-0369.
We serve clients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Goodyear and Apache Junction, Arizona.