Glendale DUI & Criminal Defense Lawyers
One of the toughest fights you’ll ever face is potentially one that can be avoided. In Glendale Arizona, it’s important to know what kinds of charges carry potential life-changing penalties and how a good defense attorney can help you avoid those.
Arizona criminal defense lawyer Arja Shah has defended over 3,000 clients facing potentially life-altering charges since she began her career in 2008.
In the last decade, the Shah Law Firm has defended clients charged with a wide range of crimes including DUI, drug offenses, domestic violence, sex crimes, assault and battery, and more. Arja Shah is among the best Glendale Arizona DUI attorneys because she knows how to handle even the most complex cases.
If you have been charged with a DUI or criminal offense contact Shah Law Firm today. In Glendale, call (602) 353-7889
Criminal & DUI Services in Glendale
– In Arizona, even your first DUI offense can lead to jail time, license suspension, a required interlock ignition device in your car, and a costly fine. Arja Shah has a proven track record of successfully defending DUI cases and fully understands all DUI laws in Arizona. Arja will investigate all charges and devise a strong defense that can help you get reduced or dismissed DUI charges.
By contacting Phoenix DUI attorney Arja Shah immediately, you can ensure that your rights, your record, and your future are protected.
– Even a first-time extreme DUI conviction can turn your life upside down. Arizona is home to the toughest DUI laws in the country and without effective representation, you could end up facing the maximum Arizona extreme DUI penalties. Don’t make the mistake of going up against the power of Arizona’s criminal justice system on your own. You need a talented and experienced attorney looking out for you.
– Arizona is considered a zero-tolerance state when it comes to driving under the influence. As a result, the state has several levels of DUI charges ranging from a misdemeanor up to a felony DUI. While Super Extreme DUI is still considered a misdemeanor under Arizona law, Super Extreme DUI Arizona penalties are severe and include a minimum jail term of 45 days.
– There are different types of DUIs in Arizona, including a regular DUI, an extreme DUI, and even a Super Extreme DUI. Up to the super extreme level, these DUIs are classified as a class one misdemeanor. Moreover, if you are charged with a second DUI then your penalties will be even harsher. In addition, there is one DUI that goes beyond the scope of the misdemeanor stage to either class 4 or class 6 felonies, Arizona calls it an “Aggravated DUI”, which we will discuss further.
– Arja has defended numerous cases where the driver is not alone in the vehicle. DUI charges while a child is in a car seat require extra sensitivity and immense knowledge of the Arizona DUI laws and potential repercussions.
– In Arizona, you can be prosecuted for driving under the influence of legally-prescribed medication. When this occurs, it is important to hire an experienced prescription drug DUI defense attorney in Phoenix from Shah Law Firm PLLC.
– The DUI statute in Arizona is found at ARS 28-1381. Under this law, there are two different ways that people can be charged with driving under the influence of drugs. Under 28-1381(A)(1), it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle while you are under the influence of any drug, alcohol, or inhalant when you are impaired to the slightest degree.
– Are you or a loved one facing trouble with the law regarding an underage DUI or other alcohol offense? The good news is that you’re far from alone. In fact, charges related to alcohol are among the most commonly heard in juvenile courts in Arizona (and it is very common for those over 18 as well).
– Many people use the terms DUI and DWI interchangeably. In some cases, these terms can refer to two similar but different types of charges. However, in Arizona, DUI is the official term for Driving Under the Influence. This means even if someone thinks they have a DWI charge, the Arizona laws will treat it as a DUI.
– In short, an Admin Per Se form is given when a person that has been pulled over for suspicion of driving under the influence refuses or is unable to consent to, a test or tests of the person’s blood, breath, urine or other bodily substance for the purpose of determining alcohol concentration or drug content.
-In Arizona, you can be charged with a domestic violence offense when you are charged with any number of prohibited criminal offenses and the alleged victim has a specific type of relationship with you. For example, you can be charged with domestic violence assault when you are accused of committing an assault against your spouse, ex-spouse, child, someone with who you live, or someone with whom you have a sexual or romantic relationship.
– A number of different driving-related charges can result from the death of someone in a traffic accident, and any of these can lead to a charge of vehicular manslaughter. Vehicular manslaughter is a serious charge that can turn into a misdemeanor or felony conviction, depending on the circumstances. If there is a fatality involved, a driver can be charged with second-degree murder.
– In today’s digital world, the ways to commit identity theft are only limited by the creativity of those who know how to hack computers and steal private information from others. But sometimes, it can be hard to tell who is guilty and who is innocent. If you’ve been charged with identity theft, you need to consult with an identity theft charges defense attorney in Phoenix, Arizona.
– In the state of Arizona, the crime of robbery involves taking someone’s property against their will, while using force to do so. Robbery is always a felony in Arizona, and as such, is a serious charge. If you’ve been charged with robbery, you need to consult with a robbery charges defense attorney.
– A felony aggravated assault charge is a serious offense that needs to be taken seriously as it can result in severe penalties. If you are convicted of felony aggravated assault, you may be sentenced to serve years in prison, face tens of thousands of dollars in fines, lose your rights to possess or own firearms and face ongoing collateral consequences long after your sentence is completed.
– In Arizona, it is possible to be charged with assault even if you never touched someone. This is because assault is defined as an attempt or a threat to injure another person, even if it is not carried out. Assault and battery mean that there was both an assault and offensive contact with another person. A charge of assault or of assault and battery is serious and can jeopardize a person’s professional and personal reputation.
-Choose a top-rated defense attorney when you are charged with disorderly conduct. Arja Shah is passionate about the law and protecting the rights of her clients. She is driven to preserve and protect the constitutional rights of anyone who’s charged with a crime. The Shah Law Firm has a proven track record of success. When you need an attorney who will fight for your rights inside the courtroom and out, you need to call Arja Shah today. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin preparing your case for success.
– If you’re charged with drug possession in the state of Arizona, it’s important to hire a skilled and experienced Phoenix drug possession attorney as soon as possible. The Shah Law Firm is dedicated to aggressively defending those charged with criminal drug possession in Arizona while offering personalized service to each client.
– This year, 2020, a host of new marijuana laws are now in effect or are under consideration in Arizona regarding marijuana’s legality, particularly the use of medical marijuana. Everyone should be educated on these changes, as well as how they will impact your use of this medical option. Since laws about medical marijuana change swiftly, it is crucial to stay on top of all the latest developments, thus staying on the right side of the law.
-If you think shoplifting is a minor criminal charge, think again. Even a misdemeanor conviction could lead to jail time, probation, and fines and may end up on your criminal record. Don’t let a shoplifting conviction strip you of your freedom. Call the Shah Law Firm.
– Arja Shah is a top criminal defense attorney in Arizona. Over the years, she has represented hundreds of clients whose lives could have taken a turn for the worse had she not successfully defended them in court. Knowing what is at stake for her clients motivates Arja to do everything in her power—including offering very personalized service to her clients, not found anywhere else.
– While it’s certainly true that most of us wouldn’t dream we have a bench warrant waiting for us out there from any Arizona court, there are quite a few circumstances under which they can be issued, making it a lot easier than you might think to have one in your name.
– Having a criminal conviction on your record can make many things in your life a little more difficult. Job and rental applications often ask if you have ever been convinced of a crime, and although they leave space to explain the conviction, it would be much nicer to be able to say that the conviction was set aside than explain what happened in your past.
Other Communities We Serve
Glendale Directory of Services and Places
*Disclaimer: The following resources are for informational purposes only and are provided by a third party. They are in no way endorsed, nor guaranteed service by Arja Shah Law. Contacting them and/or retaining their services is at your own discretion.
Glendale Police Stations, Courts, and Jails
|Glendale Police Department||6835 N 57th Dr Glendale AZ 85301||Police department|
|Glendale Police: Foothills Station||6255 W Union Hills Dr Glendale AZ 85308||Police department|
|Gateway Police Station – Glendale||6261 N 83rd Ave Glendale AZ 85303||Police station|
|Glendale Police Advocacy Center||6830 N 57th Dr Glendale AZ 85301||Police department|
|Glendale City Jail||6835 N 57th Dr Glendale AZ 85301||Police department|
|Glendale Municipal Building||5850 W Glendale Ave Glendale AZ 85301||Government office|
|Glendale City Court||5711 W Glendale Ave Glendale AZ 85301||City government office|
|Peoria City Courthouse||10100 N 83rd Ave Peoria AZ 85345||City courthouse|
|North Valley Justice Court||14264 W Tierra Buena Ln Surprise AZ 85374||City courthouse|
|Youngtown Municipal Court||12038 Clubhouse Square Youngtown AZ 85363||City courthouse|
Glendale Bail Bond Service
|TMZ Bail Bonds Glendale||7448 W Glendale Ave Glendale AZ 85303||Bail bonds service|
|Mad Dog Bail Bonds||511 E Broadway Glendale CA 91205||Bail bonds service|
|Didn t Do It Bail Bonds – Phoenix Bail Bondsman||210 N 43rd Ave Phoenix AZ 85009||Bail bonds service|
|Glendale City Jail||6835 N 57th Dr Glendale AZ 85301||Police department|
|BAIL BONDS USA||1532 E Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85014||Bail bonds service|
Glendale Hospitals & Urgent Care
|Total Medical Care||5048 W Northern Ave #106 Glendale AZ 85301||Walk-in clinic|
|1st Care Medical Clinic – Appointment or Walk-in||1635 W Glendale Ave Phoenix AZ 85021||Medical clinic|
|Glendale Urgent Care||7800 N 55th Ave Ste 106 Glendale AZ 85301||Urgent care center|
|Maricopa County Health Care||5141 W Lamar Rd Glendale AZ 85301||Medical clinic|
|Glenview Medical Clinic||6040 N 43rd Ave Glendale AZ 85301||Doctor|
Local Services and Amenities in Glendale AZ
Glendale City Map
Directions From Glendale City Court
Speak with an Experienced Glendale Criminal Defense Attorney
Many criminal defense lawyers in Phoenix will say that they can help you and will “aggressively fight” for your rights. In reality, they are often ill-prepared for criminal defense litigation. Arja is not one of these attorneys. She is experienced in the courtroom and has a strong command of the law. In fact, a significant portion of Shah Law’s cases come from frustrated clients of other criminal defense attorneys. Typically, these clients have paid thousands of dollars for little or even no real representation. If you are unhappy with your current attorney, contact Shah Law PLLC.